Martins Needham Road Market
is located at 11 Needham Rd. in Potsdam, NY and is managed by Daniel and Mendy Martin. Summer stand hours are May – November, Monday – Saturday between 10 am- 6pm. You will find a large, ever changing, selection of chemical-free produce when it is in season.
In addition to our farm stand, we established this online market to offer our customers another option in finding fresh, locally grown produce. We hope you enjoy it!
Why should you buy online at Martin’s Farm Stand?
- Fresher products that have not been exposed to the general public in a retail environment.This avoids the potential cross contamination issues that are connected to shoppers selecting product. By pre-ordering prior to harvest, your vegetables are not sitting on the stand waiting for a sale.
- Larger selection than would be possible for any single farm. We can offer you products from many gardens, homesteads, and farms in addition to all of our own produce. Unless stated otherwise (peaches are an exception) all produce that we bring in is from local farmers that I know and trust that are all growing by organic methods but in most cases are not certified organic. About 60-70% of what we sell is grown by us.
- Less chance that you waste a trip. By pre-ordering, we know what you want and can have it ready.
- You can enjoy convenient ordering from the comfort of your home computer by visiting “The Market” page.
- Unlike other co-ops, buying clubs, or CSAs where everyone gets the same box of produce (and you don’t know what you’re getting until you get it), with Locally Grown you get to order what you want, in the quantities that you want. The weekly email lists the produce, fresh flowers, and artisan goods available that week, and you can browse the items on this website before you place your order.
HOW IT WORKS:
- We refresh the inventory with what is available for harvest on a continuing basis as we harvest or receive product.
- We take online orders anytime through out the week. Orders must be in by 6 AM for same day pickup. In the morning we look at the days orders prior to heading out to the fields to harvest. Orders will be packed during the late morning.
- Buyers pick their orders up at Martin’s Farmstand from 12:30 PM till 6 PM the day after they order or the same day for orders placed before 6 am. No orders are packed on Sunday.
We also have our regular physical farm stand. It is open from Early May when the asparagus harvest starts through November, 12:30- 6pm, Monday-Saturday. Here you will find a large, ever changing, selection of chemical-free produce when it is in season, located at 11 Needham Road in Potsdam. Our contact number is 315-265-1246.
Here is a partial list of crops planned for 2021 with the estimated available dates.
Enjoy good local food
|Asparagus||May 5 – June 20|
|Apples||Aug. 15 – Dec. 1|
|Arugula||June 20 – Nov. 15|
|Blueberries||July 15 – Sept. 1|
|Basil||July 8 – Oct. 1|
|Beans – Green and Yellow||July 10 – Oct. 15|
|Beets – Red and Golden||July 10 – Dec. 30|
|Beet Greens||June 30 – Aug. 1|
|Brussels Sprouts||Sept. 10 – Nov. 25|
|Broccoli||June 30 – Nov. 15|
|Cilantro||June 25 – Nov. 10|
|Cabbage – Green and Red||June 30 – Dec. 30|
|Carrots||July 30 – Dec. 30|
|Cauliflower||Aug. 1 – Oct. 15|
|Cantaloupe||Aug. 15 – Dec. 15|
|Celery and Celeriac||Sept. 10 – Nov. 15|
|Cucumbers||July 12 – Sept. 15|
|Dill||June 25 – Nov. 10|
|Greenhouse Arugula||April 30 – June 10|
|Greenhouse Cucumbers||May 20 – July 15|
|Greenhouse Kale||April 30 – June 10|
|Greenhouse Tomatoes||May 30 – Nov. 1|
|Greenhouse Zucchini||May 20 – July 15|
|Green Onions (Scallions)||May 30 – Aug. 20|
|Gladiolas, Zinnias, Sunflowers||July 15 – Sept. 20|
|Eggplant||June 15 – Oct. 1|
|Garlic||July 25 – Oct. 15|
|Kale||June 30 – Dec. 15|
|Kolirabi||July 15 – Sept. 30|
|Leeks||Sept. 15 – Nov. 25|
|Leaf Lettuce – Green and Red||May 30 – Nov. 1|
|Romaine Lettuce – Green and Red||June 15 – Oct. 20|
|Head Lettuce||June 30 – Oct. 1|
|Onions – Dry||Aug. 15 – Dec. 30|
|Onions – Sweet||July 15 – Sept. 20|
|Parsley – Curly and Italian||June 25 – Nov. 5|
|Parsnip||Oct. 10 – April 15|
|Peas – Snap and Hull||June 30 – July 20|
|Peppers – Sweet and Hot||July 10 – Oct. 15|